|Victim of Fire, Miss Esther Ude|
UMUAHIA – For 11 year-old Miss Esther Emeka Ude, life has been hell. The primary five pupil of Divine Learning Academy, Aba, Abia State has been in severe pain since December 30, 2016, when she sustained third degree burns as a result of a fire incident caused by a lantern explosion from adulterated kerosene which set her room ablaze while she was asleep.
Esther is still writhing in pain at the Michael Okpara ward of the Federal Medical Centre (F.M.C.), Umuahia where she was rushed to shortly after the fire incident. According to family sources, the fire accident occurred when Esther was asleep while her other siblings were awake. Her siblings escaped from the inferno while Esther was trapped inside the room without their knowledge.
It was said that the door to the room refused to open while little Esther was battling to come out until the people finally broke down the door. By the time she was eventually rescued, Esther had been severely burnt. Today, Esther needs help and the grace of God to enable her pull through this situation. Esther has undergone several surgeries but needs assistance for proper medical attention. Esther’s father, 48 year-old Emeka Ude, and a native of Akoli Ada in Ebonyi State and his wife Mary say that they have spent all their saving on Esther’s treatment.
“I have spent all my money in the treatment of my daughter. My wife used to trade in clothes but since the incident happened on December 30, 2016, her business has been grounded as she has been taking care of the girl in the hospital.”
“We have exhausted all our life savings, exhausted all avenues of borrowing and we now beg to feed. We are calling on the good people of Nigeria, Abia and Ebonyi States to help us, not because of us as a people but for the sake of God. Please come to our aid because we cannot steal and we cannot want our daughter to die.” Ude said.
Based on her condition, the Medical Social Department of the F.M.C., Umuahia wrote a letter requesting aid from good spirited individuals.
Culled from Vanguardngr.com