Friday 6 June 2014

Video: GEJ and PEJ "Diarris God o" Animated Parody

I was just sent this super-hilarious video by a friend and I thought it too funny to keep to myself alone.

The video depicts our president and wife in the bedroom and PEJ with tears flowing laments the fact that “na only one person waka come”. All the time, GEJ is trying to calm her down. At this point, the couple break out in song, doing a comical version of PSquare’s hit tune, Personally.

It may seem like disrespect to our president, but all over the free world, parodies are known as a literary genre and are welcomed as a comic relief and at the same time, a mirror of our society. They point out our flaws in a comical way, so rather than get offended, the subject of the parody is expected to show a good sense of humour but also take on board his shortcomings as highlighted by the parody and make amends.

That said, at the end of the video, credits for the production are run and you can see the people behind the work. Enjoy! I hope you laugh as much as I did, but then, do let me know in the comments section. 

1 comment: